Holy Trinity Cathedral and Rectory, located at 1121 N. Leavitt Street, represent one of the most architecturally significant properties in the City of Chicago. Designed in 1901 by Louis H. Sullivan, construction was completed by August of 1903. It is one of just three church structures designed by Sullivan, and according to author Hugh Morrison, is the most important of the three because it is the sole religious structure to survive as Sullivan had intended.
Some of the more character-defining elements of the complex are the bell tower and the highly decorative sheet metal cornices on both the Rectory and Cathedral. Patch repairs have been made, but the time has come to take a close look at the underlying structure, and renew the architectural character by applying more permanent conservation techniques.